View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 01:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New here.. My story

Hi everyone, my name is Noah. I am 27 and from Wisconsin.

I'll dive right in here. Heres my story

December 10th was my first doctor's appointment since I went to ER for double vision back on September 19th, 2012. My double vision was weird, as it only affected one eye when I looked to the right. The doctor said it was a sixth cranial nerve palsy, and that the nerve on the right side of my head was not pulling my right eye all the way over to the right side. This was causing each of my eyes to focus in different places when glancing to the right. The double vision was hardly noticable looking at me. Honestly.. I hardly noticed it because I started to turn my head when I needed to look the side. The ER doctor recommend I be admitted to the hospital for further tests. During my stay I had an MRI, CT and LP. The CT and LP came back normal. The MRI showed "spots". I was admitted to the hospital for four days. The last 3 days of my stay I had an IV dose of prednisone which took care of the double vision. The docs explained to me that they thought there was a very good chance that I have MS, but were also considering Lyme and Sarcoid. I was then discharged from the hospital.

Since my hospital visit I really have not had any problems. I have had muscle twitches all over (leg, arms, stomach, butt), and just recently symptoms that appear to be linked to cubital tunnel syndrome (stiff pinky in the mornings with slight "trigger finger" in right hand). Vision seems normal with regards to fine print that I look at from far away being a little blurry. I have attributed most of these things to stress and anxiety, because the possibility of any thing being seriously wrong has gotten me really scared and upset.

Fast forward to December 10, I met with my doctor at the hospital. He seems really unconcerned with everything, saying that hes not convinced that there is really anything wrong with me. He said the spots in my brain could be from bumping my head , playing hockey, bike racing or playing paintball as a kid. He believes starting a medication now would put me in a bad place down the road, as they may neutralize some of the newer and safer medications that are in the pipeline. We took a look at my MRI for the first time, and went through the report. The report listed 5-7 lesions. We went through and looked at each one and the only spot that was even remotely identifiable was a small spot in my corpus collosum, the other "spots" were either hardly visible or not visible to each of us...

I guess what I am asking is what should I do? I feel like I am railroaded in to seeing this doctor as I am prior military and depend solely on the VA for all my healthcare. He basically ended the appointment that any kind of testing would do more harm than good at this point becasue there seems to be nothing wrong with me. He stressed to me that I should live a normal life and relax about this stuff. He wants to see me in 4 months to talk, and then in about 10 months for a follow up MRI. The one thing he suggested was to take 2000 units of Vitamin D3 each day and skip the Omegas.

Overall I am pretty confused. There are a few other MS message boards I visit, but I was recommended by a friend to come here.

Thanks,
Noah
Noah091 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mg neck prob (12-12-2012)