View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 03:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bean View Post
Welcome to the forum, Patti. I am one that feels most people are worse off the more meds they are on. The only pharmaceutical I take is armor thyroid (pig source) for low thyroid...I cannot take the synthetic drug synthyroid for that...it makes me tremor more and has other side effects for me. I recommend Dr Laurie Mischleys book Natural Therapies for Parkinsons Disease. She lists things that mimic PD. (along with good foods and supplements for PD). You might find some interesting info there. God Bless!
I appreciate all replys and Aunt Bean I definately will be getting this book in the morning. The two drugs my husband has been treated with is Sinamet along with MIRAPEX, the neuro's could not get to the bottom of my husbands behavior, they really didn't try only wanted to put him on psychotic drugs which I refused, I slowly started cutting back on the one med which was MIRAPEX , getting him off of it totally, all the hallucinations and violence stopped. Thank God I was able to think for myself, take on the responsibility of doing something. Yes, I really am believing my husband was mis diagnosed and I will go into it further later on. I am thankful we neither one went along with adding all the other meds that Dr.s wanted him to go on, and through those most difficult times they even wanted me to put him in Alzheimer's unit, dx'ing him with that on top of everything else, now they see my husband with the mentality he had prior to being on Mirapex all those years. We will be having our 57 th wedding anniversary, I believe God has many more happy years for us to be together. Anxious to get the book Aunt Bean, thank you for telling me about it.
foreverhavehope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon72219 (03-31-2013)