View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 05:25 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Your multi is most likely extremely lacking. There are very few that have decent amounts because they use the feds RDA standards. The B's, folic acid, D3, need to be 5 to 10 times the RDA.

Post the name of your multi and I will look up the ingredients.

GNC makes a MegaMen Multi that is a very good start.

A 12 k can be a problem 2 ways. It is long enough to start some muscle breakdown. It also can cause an enormous amount of vertical skeletal impacts on your brain as you plant your foot each stride. If your C-1 and C-2 are out of place, this is all the more a risk of injury and inflammation.

You did not say if you are icing your neck, especially after your chiro visits.

The ginko is much more hype that real value. They claim it increases cerebral blood flow but studies can not confirm this. A good supplement is curcumin (Tumeric). I have been taking it for a few months. It has helped with my leg twitching. It has been scientifically studied and validated.

The magnesium is good but alone it is not much help. You need D3 and calcium and some phosphorus too. The trace elements/minerals/metals are very important. That is why a high potency multi is important.

All of the anti-oxidants are also important. I take E, C, niacin, a B-50
complex, extra B-12 and B-6,

The swimming is good. A good low impact exercise that should support good brain blood flow. When I had access to a lap pool, I walked 3 miles in the water with a lunging action. It took me about 45 to 50 minutes. It is easy on the knees and works the shoulder and arms as you stroke to help move through the water.

I tried swimming laps but my shoulders will not longer allow me to swim freestyle stroke. Too much rotator cuff injury. Walking while doing a breast stroke ending with a shoulder shrug and effort to pin the shoulder blades together is very good for the upper thoracic vertebra and lower cervical vertebra.

Those two doctors are ignorant about concussion. Any head impact followed by head aches should be suspected as a concussion. The IDC 9 code would be 850.9, concussion, unspecified and should be included in your medical record for reference if additional symptoms manifest at a later time, like happened with you. If they consider that you lost consciousness, it should be IDC (International Diagnostic Code) 9, 850.5, with loss of consciousness of unspecified duration.

You need to make sure that your medical record lists the truth of your concussion. Any loss of consciousness associated to a head impact is definitely a concussion and head aches and other symptoms are to be expected. Head aches can take a year to resolve, depending on how your brain handles the injury.

A low key Christmas break will be very good for you. You also need to find ways to take breaks from the computer, maybe 5 minutes of quiet with eyes closed and maybe an iPod with simple music for those 5 minutes. Your brain needs the break from visual and auditory stimuli to heal.

Hope you can get some breaks.

My best to you.

Sounds like you had old school doctors.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
thorx89 (11-27-2014)