View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 09:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs down Traumatic Brain Injury and CRPS

Just when I thought it could not get worse ( I fell and suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury in 2010...in 2011 I was admitted to the hospital and had a IV started in the Emergency Room. The pain was unbearable and I told the nurse that, but he said, I will give you something for pain. Over the next week, a blood clot formed at the IV site, swelling, hot, etc. I was readmitted to the hospital for phlebitis of the left arm. Since then, I have been to my family doctor, vascular surgeons, and finally after many pain pills, my neurologist for my TBI said to me, it looks like CRPS. I was scheduled for a stellate ganglion injection, but it was too late, as I was already three months into the disease process. I have been to PT, Acupuncture, and nothing helps. My arm is in constant pain, either hot or cold. I am on Vicoden, Kadian, Cymbalta, Elavil, Topamax, Maxalte...I am 56 and have been out of work since 6 months after my TBI. I know it is difficult to litigate, but I am going to try. I do not wish this pain on anyone!!!!
Stevehiii is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote