Thread: Is there hope?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 09:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmschaver View Post
No one can tell how long or what rate of improvement you will have. First, yes people do recover. By recover I mean that for some symptoms improve and life changes are frequently made. I found it helpful to keep a health journal over a period of months.

Personally my first improvement was end of the daily severe headache. I still get daily headaches but they are rarely severe. I could go on and on but in a nutshell improvement comes over weeks and months. I am sorry to say but I feel it is best to be truthful.

The difficulty of dealing with so many and severe symptoms can overwhelm a person. It is for that reason if no other that seeing a counselor, IMO is a good idea. If a PCS injury was like a broken bone or a disease then it would be dealt with much differently.

Thankyou for the reply.

My daily headaches have started to subside. I used to get intense headache in the mornign and after work. There is still a dull ache in the back of my head, but it is not what i would call a headahce. I am not worried about weeks and months of improvement. I am awilling to work at it for that time. (as ive already dealth with 4 months of it!) I guess the hardest thing is not knowing when! I am 22 years old and I want to be able to live my life to the fullest! I know that this may take a while, but taking baby steps and seeing some improvement is what will keep me going! I still hold hope for a full recovery. Can I ask do you still suffer from PCS, what was your situation?
Peter11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote