Thread: Is there hope?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Since you are having prolonged concussion symptoms, I would not be surprised if you have remnants of PCS for quite some time. It basically suggests that your brain is sensitive to impact and possibly the stresses that make PCS symptoms last.

You have lots of life ahead. Striving to live your life to the fullest may be a problem if you mean partying and living at the extremes like many of your generation do. PCS does not tolerate such brain stressing activities.

As you learn what helps you recover, consider that those things will also enhance an opportunity for a long PCS symptom free life.

Although many people who have suffered a concussion recover fully in the obvious areas, the brain will always be in a weakened state. Over time, you will notice some of these swings in symptoms as stress and illness effect your brain. Even high altitudes will cause symptoms to manifest as your brain struggles to get good oxygen.

So, take it easy and learn how your brain responds to life.

And, don't worry about what the future holds. You have limited impact on the future at this point in time.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote