View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 01:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finz View Post
Hi Emily,

Not to be Debbie Downer, but you are also early on in the RSD battle, right ? Worse swelling, worse sweating, worse redness, etc could all still be in your future if the RSD progresses.

On the upside, you may still have time and hopefully your docs will try to be aggressive with getting ahead of the RSD monster.

How did it start for you ? How long has it been going on ?

I know you are 'waiting' on the Lyrica.....What else have you tried to help manage the pain ?
Well I'm on it started in October. Injured from a bad venipuncture/blood draw. It all went downhill from there. I've tried Gabapentin helped the pain a little but side effects so horrid I couldn't continue on it. They gave me ..woo hoo..tramadol for a pain killer..it doesn't help so much though. I'm also taking 50mgs or Amitriptyline 1 pill before bed. I have tried ice packs docs say it if helps to do it. Well I can't walk around with an Icepack wrapped around my arm. Plus I've been doing some reading and from what the consensus says I'm not supposed to use it for CRPS, that it can cause complications.I want you to know I am not usually so ..well desperate sounding, I've just had a rough ...well rough since it started and without the support from my partner..It makes it a LOT more difficult and stressful. In turn that makes my pain worsen........I'm going to talk to the doc tomorrow about something for possible anxiety?? I'm not depressed just....lacking emotional outputs. And I would just like some relief.....to sleep a night without waking in pain or not being able to fall asleep....well i'm gonna try to go to bed so I'll talk you you soon ....I am trying to be "ok"
CRPSsongbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote