View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 12:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Persistent headache info

Hi Wakey,

I'm 3 months post-concussion – it was my first notable concussion, and was thrown off a horse. I was alone, but think I landed somewhere near the base of neck, lower part of my head. MRI was negative. My main PCS symptom is persistent headaches, secondary issues of fatigue, foggyness and some other minor cognitive things. But the headache is by far the worst part.

1. Headache is combination of feeling immense presssure in my head, throbbing radiation from the base of neck and up the back of my head, and on bad days sharper pains around my temple and ear. 95% of the time on the right side.
Any physical activity (i.e. walking up stairs) increases headache.

2. Seeing Osteopath 1x week, Chiropractor 2x week.
I see the Chiro on Mon/Tues and he does gentle adjustments using an "arthrostim" – NO neck manipulations or cracking.
Osteopath is on Wednesday, with no treatments for the next few days after as to not interfere.

3. I'm no where near recovered, and not entirely sure how effective my treatment is... but was noticing good improvements for about 3 weeks, like having 2-3 days at time with almost no headache – have hit a plateau (headache for the past 6 days) which they all said was normal – hopefully back on the upward trend soon.

Chiropractor said he can still feel inflammation and issues at my C1/C2, but that I'm holding adjustments better than I was before.

Osteopath said that the plates in my head are feeling much more flexible. Said I need to increase water intake, and start taking electrolytes. I am on a vitamin regime similar to the ones I've seen posted here.
CanadianKate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (12-13-2012)