Thread: Christmas Plans
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

When all of us couple were younger most of us worked in the service industry somewhere. We had 3 ministers and 2 hospital people. So knowing every year you can have Christmas on Christmas day is just impossible. So we have just said it is the next weekend. That was the wives, husbands that us kids have married have always felt free to go to their families for the 25th. and then we know that everybody travels here for Thanksgiving. It has been a plan that has satisfied a lot of families.

So,,,,Christmas is on the 29th. I can't count the times I have bought a lot of my Christmas decorations or gifts in the after Christmas sales. I don't care how far kids leave home I think they like going back to the parents home for Christmas. Then as the family grew and Mom and died died they came to our house. We use our family room, set up 4 big tables and have a nice dinner. After we eat the guys all clean up. I never know what my regrig or dishwasher loooks like but I appreciate it.

So while they are doing that the married women go into our big bedroom downstairs. We are the Secret Society of the Stocking stuffers. We even have initiation rights every time a new women comes into the 'society'. It's a lot of fun. Also it is has become a tradition that the 3rd generation now does the cooking. Of course the first generation, our Mom and Dad are gone but the second generation enjoy looking after the grandkids while knowing all of our kids are upstairs cooking.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-13-2012), Blessings2You (12-14-2012), Judy2 (12-14-2012), Kitty (12-13-2012), SallyC (12-13-2012)