Thread: mg and exercise
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 03:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMiSC View Post
I am just flat out fat. I've always known that I needed to address this, but some things have happened recently that have shown me exactly how fast the worst can happen. How fast you can just be gone. Non-existent. Dead.

I am not the same person I was before I went into the hospital for pneumonia and mg back in September.

So now, finally, I want to do something about it, but I have mg now.

I have no idea how to approach this. CAN I exercise? What kind of limits do I put on myself? What's realistic? Can I ever get fit? Or even just get enough exercise to shed at least a few of these pounds?

Or does everything I do for weight loss and fitness now have to do with which foods I eat?

I'm already discouraged and I haven't even started yet.
Absolutely you can exercise. The MG will put limits on you depending on how severe it is and different limits day to day. You will want to listen very carefully to your body when you are exercising... keep in mind what else you need to do with your day. Don't get discouraged when your body just says "no", try again tomorrow. Get your rest when you need it.

Our local ski slope has been making snow and I cannot wait! I will pay for ski days in down days afterwards, but they're worth it to me.
Brennan068 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (12-13-2012)