View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Mary, I sure would like to know what source said that you should avoid magnesium!

The body needs a balance of electrolytes, which we normally can get enough of from food. The amount of magnesium we have in our diets - as Mrs. D. said - is not too much.

There are some diseases, like kidney disease, that are more sensitive to changes in certain electrolytes in a diet.

Usually what is talked about with magnesium and MG is medicinal magnesium, such as that used with pregnant women in certain conditions! That can absolutely send you into an MG crisis because it's a huge dose.

You absolutely need a multivitamin. I actually take children's vitamins so that I can take them twice a day. But everyone's situation is different and a conversation with your primary doctor would be a great thing to do. You'd be amazed at how many people have deficiencies of Vitamin D, calcium, iron and B12. Vitamin D is a common deficiency and can make MG worse. So can a B12 deficiency because we need B12 to make acetylcholine.

I hope that helps, Mary. I know that none of us want our MG to get worse but we do need to double check facts before we change things up with our dietary routine. And double check with our doctors.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dewcole (12-24-2012), mrsD (12-13-2012), StephC (12-26-2012)