View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 05:44 PM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveLoveandTrust View Post
I believe that it is illegal to have a resident or something "help" when you have specifically stated you do not want them doing the surgery. I would agree completely, I would not allow someone to practice on me either. Talk to your doctor about your concerns. Usually the helping actually is just observing, holding a light, closing up, and using you to point out anatomical structures and abnormalities. I don't mind someone checking out what's going on but I'm not keen on being a test subject!
The reason I posted this is because I am a OR nurse, and works with surgeons and vascular surgeons in major teaching hospitals. Boston, saint louis etc. and witnessed these cases being done by trainees. sometimes with complications because the surgeons don't even come in to the or until the surgery is half way done. Yes, even for TOS surgery. In many teaching hospitals they would refuse to operate on you if you dont consent to have trainees "help". When I say Help I mean doing alot of the procedures.
leftTOSer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote