View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 11:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused What were the first symptoms of your (Idiopathic) Peripheral Neuropathy?

Hi everyone.

I have a question for those who have (Idiopathic) Peripheral Neuropathy: What were the first symptoms of your PN?

I am 41, female. About 6 months ago, I started to have tingling in both my hands, and pain in both arms and shoulders. A couple weeks later, my wrists started to hurt badly. I thought it was just carpal tunnel syndrome. But a few weeks later, I started to have pain in the back of my legs, and tingling/pain in my feet/toes when I was sitting down, even on the softest seat. When I was standing up, my ankles would be really painful. About a month ago, I started to have pain in my mid back, and then the back of my neck, and then my lower back. I feel like I have pinched nerve all over my body. My blood test on Vitamin B12 was normal (about 1600?) but I was already taking B12 so I will never know. My Vitamin D was insufficient (27.7). X-ray, cervical MRI and Lumbar MRI all came back normal. Though I still have my strength, and no numbness (yet..?). I don’t smoke or drink. I did carry a bunch of heavy stuff during our office’s moving, a couple weeks before my symptoms started to appear, but am not sure if it was just coincident. My husband already has fibromyalgia, and it is just not fair for my two young children. I am wondering if these were your first symptoms of you NP? Any input will be appreciated.

Shelley
SLSH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote