View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 07:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Contentious PCS article from sticky thread

Edited: I put a response to an article about PCS which annoyed me up here, in which I pointed out its faults and misrepresentations.

However, thinking back to my own recovery, I found that these sorts of arguments, whilst very interesting and able to keep my attention, got me angry and stressed and that these emotions were not good for my symptoms or recovery.

So I decided to delete my post rather than get others all worked up and give them a bad day. Your brain needs to rest to get better, and anger is an emotion which gets your brain all active and tumultuous.

So instead this is now a post intended to highlight the importance to recovery of staying chilled out, and not getting angry with things or people, even if they perhaps deserve it. With a TBI (and, probably without one, for that matter) getting angry with someone will inevitably hurt you more than them. So focus on the positive, don't think that you need to control everything or have an opinion on everything, keep your brain relaxed and have a nice day!

Since recovery I have achieved a Master's degree with distinction in Neurological Occupational Therapy

Last edited by Klaus; 12-14-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Klaus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
greenfrog (12-14-2012), MaryinIA (12-18-2012), Mokey (12-15-2012), rmschaver (12-14-2012), SpaceCadet (12-15-2012)