Thread: today..
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 11:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Peter,
My math may be off but you are saying you are almost 4 months since your accident and I'm 5 1/2 months since mine. Sorry for the nit picking!

I have never had 3 or 4 good days in a row. I think I had 2 once tops. More like 3 or 4 good hours! My headaches are the first thing improving. They are not as strong. I have had to take less medication for them. I'm sure that's a good, healing sign.

I have had the ringing in my ears since the accident. I'm not exactly sure when I first noticed it though. I was pretty out of it the first couple months.

My biggest complaint is the dizziness and blurred vision because I cannot walk without getting worse. Makes it hard to do anything. Once I can get that figured out (ENT or neuro-ophthalmologist) then I will begin to feel on the road to recovery.

I am hoping for a complete recovery but I might have to settle for accepting a new normal and moving forward. Only time will tell. I'm not worrying about it now because worrying will not help and the brain is trying to heal itself I just have to let it and wait!

I am certainly looking forward to a return to work and also to running, although from what I've read here running may be the hardest one to get back to. I do not think I will be able to do either for at least another 4-6 months judging by my recovery to date and advise from my neuro psych.

You are a lot younger than me though and I'm sure you will have far better success! I hope today is another good day for you. I'm not so lucky today but will be taking it easy.

CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter11 View Post
cyclecrash! I had my accident only afew days before you!! and I am starting to notice some improevents aswell..... it has been a very very slow process. And yes I can completyely agree, 3 or 4 good days in a row followed by a bad day and it seems like im back to square 1. But Im having less bad days and when I have a bad day the severity is not as bad. I didnt notice my symptoms until about 4 weeks after my accident. What has your experience been like? do you have ringing in your ears. I have found it odd that I only have experienced it the last few days?

Are you holding out hope for a complete recovery? How far off do you think you are??

Ongoing symptoms include: dizziness, blurred vision, light and noise sensitivities, cognitive problems, uncontrollable emotions/depression/anxiety, headaches (but they're getting better), mental and physical fatigue, difficulty communicating and sleep disturbances.

Currently seeing a fabulous Neuro Psychologist and vestibular physiotherapist and hoping to soon see a neuro ophthalmologist. I am currently doing 20 minute stationary bike rides daily, 20 minutes of meditating, 15 minutes of Lumosity and lots of resting. I have not been able to work or drive since the accident.

The things that have helped me the most since the accident are vestibular therapy, gel eye drops (for blurred vision, sensitivity and dryness), amitriptyline (10mg), and meditating. I am finally starting to see some slight improvements and am hopeful!

My brain WANTS to heal itself... I just have to let it and stop trying to get better!
cyclecrash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote