View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 03:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
Dear Butterfly
the reason i say the other explanations are unlikely is because it typically takes a while for changes to occur. I can't be sure of this but 3 days seems like a ridiculously small amount of time for such a drastic change. When I was retested due to abnormal TSH i was told to wait at least 6 weeks.
OK so not a doctor. Done with that. Nurse practitioner? or nurse maybe? Come on, drug rep at the least? [smirk] Just joking around, I'll stop giving you a hard time now. You truly are a wealth of knowledge!

Thank you for your reply. I just hung up with the lab who says that they no longer have blood samples from 11/26 so it can't be re-run. I asked her if they keep any handwritten records and she said no. So I guess internist will just have to order again and 3rd time will be the charm. I'll keep y'all posted.

Oh and yeah, when I went to endo appt. I brought a copy of the results with me for my file there. Why didn't the nurse who called me back mention anything about the drastic change in numbers in 3 days? You would think his office would have noticed that. I take that back. Doctor's offices are so busy these days, I doubt they compared them. But, seeing as how that was the whole reason I went there in the first place, I would have thought they would have. Who knows.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-14-2012), Brokenfriend (12-14-2012), Dmom3005 (12-14-2012), katmae (12-17-2012), waves (12-14-2012)