Old 12-14-2012, 06:21 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default Hey Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly11 View Post
OK so not a doctor. Done with that. Nurse practitioner? or nurse maybe? Come on, drug rep at the least? [smirk] Just joking around, I'll stop giving you a hard time now.
ROFL nahhh. you gave me a chuckle. especially with the drug rep!! LOL!!! you know, if i had a car, i could do the rep thing. except that i met a few - sitting in my doctors waiting room. they work dog hours. and you know they are often caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. they don't advise based on their knowledge... they are there to pitch, and occasionally must avoid giving information the drug company has found out... Zyprexa lawsuits come to mind.

i would have actually liked to have done neuroscience or pharmacology ... i almost applied for a neuroscience program at one point but it would not have been realistic by that time (inadequate prereqs, no funds). in undergrad studies, i started out as a chem major and it was only by my own furious stubbornness in reaction to some "bad treatment" i received/perceived, that i didn't end up as one. first i boycotted class, and then egregiously failed the first semester by flying home on the day of the final instead of "risking a low grade" by taking it. (no, i wasn't full of myself or anything.) and that was that. shot myself in the foot. i was not even manic at the time. i was just used to getting good grades... saw things very black and white. If i didn't try, it secretly didn't count. Alas, it publicly did - put my GPA in a total hole and destroyed my shot at a scholarship and honors! Life's lessons... and chemistry was no more.

-------------------

It was a good idea to call the lab. Too bad they didn't have the samples - they might have re-tested for free.

Who knows what the deal was with the endo. They may have ordered the redraw specifically due to the high TSH. if that was your first anomalous reading, when they got the normal result they probably figured, lab error, and thought no more of it. but yeah, how nice to leave us patients in the dark huh.

i hope the internist is more communicative. it didn't sound like you particularly liked that endo. good luck and keep getting better.

hope you had a good day shopping with the kids.

~ waves ~

Last edited by waves; 12-14-2012 at 06:36 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-14-2012), Brokenfriend (12-15-2012), Dmom3005 (12-14-2012), katmae (12-17-2012)