View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 09:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Home

Well, Dr Warren came by this morning and asked how we were doing.
She said Dr Pearl would be by later. He did call later and release us. Yesterday when he came by he assured me that he would be sending us home with Percocet since she is allergic to everything else they tried....yet today on the phone he tried to tell me that he was prescribing ibuprofen?!!! I finally got him to agree to Percocet, but there was an isssue because he was on his way out of town. And that has to be done by the doctor in triplicate and hand delivered to pharmacy. The nurse even aruged with me about it...I finally said that we weren't leaving with out that prescribtion...ibuprofen didn't help her pain before, I can't imagine that it would help now! But he only wrote it for 3 days worth of pills with no refill. Will she be that much better in three days. I'm really worried. I'm sure it will all work out! He also said he would see her in two months after she finishes p/t, but on the discharge papers it says 2 weeks!!! I was really upset about the lack of communication. Don't get me wrong, I liked him alot and his staff seemed really good, but I would be told one thing by him and another by the nurses. Very frustrating. We are glad to be home. Maybe we will rest better. He did tell us that we could come back home tonight, that we didn't have to stay the extra night in Dallas, which is strange because when I called to make the appointment, that's what I was told. My daughter wanted to come home instead of staying at the hotel, so we did.

Ok, here are some questions for you all. She is having lots of pain in her neck and back. I know that's normal from what I have read. Before the surgery she could lift her arm fine, but now is in lots of pain. Is that normal? I know it's only the second day after surgery, but I was just wondering.

Thanks for all the prayers. I know it will be better....just one day at a time.

Talk to you soon
tosmother is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote