View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi appusheth,

Yes, post the xrays here on this forum or pm them to me.

However, since all root canaled teeth harbor infectious bacteria.... and because there is no way to "cure" the infection... and because the infection is likely to spread.... I believe the only healthy option pertaining to infected teeth is to have them removed.

Any topical solution or medicament will not cure the infection. Any dental procedure both surgical and non surgical will not cure the infection. Any antibiotic both oral and IV will not kill the bacteria inside the microscopic canals within the tooth.

If you still want me to look at the xrays..... that's fine. I'm happy to do that for you.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by appusheth View Post
Hello Bryanna,

I am new to this website and your posts are really informative and impressive.

I sent you a friend request and if you could accept that please.

I am a candidate with TWO root canals done (teeth 30 and 31) about 3 years ago and I recently learnt that at the bottom of teeth 30 there is an infection. I have some picture that I would like to share. I dont know if I can share them here or if I should share them in private via email.

A week ago the pain was unbearable and then I started taking Amoxycillin 500 and Ibuprofen (only when needed). I also did a lot of home remedies - salt water gargles, turmeric powder application etc.

The pain is gone down almost 75%. But there is still some irritation under the tooth.

My options are either to retreat the root canal or get the extraction done.

If I get is extracted then that will leave space between 29 and 31. I dont think I can afford an implant really.

I was wondering if you could take at look at the x-rays I have and suggest. I am assuming that you would ask me to decide for an extraction but I still want to make sure if that is what you would suggest after looking at those x rays.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (12-16-2012)