Thread: Hand numbness
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 11:24 PM

Location: GulfCoastSouth .... April 2014 rudely displanted to the cold wet windy gloomy NW coast.
10 yr Member

Location: GulfCoastSouth .... April 2014 rudely displanted to the cold wet windy gloomy NW coast.
10 yr Member

Hello andromeda,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having the numbness in your hands.
And I hope that you are in a warm flat for this cold month there!

I this week have been newly again awaking to numbness in my hands (and forearms-?)
Last year, my dr. asked if it were primarily my thumb and subsequent digits, or was it less-so my thumb and forefinger, and more primarily the outer digits?

I was flustered for an answer, because I really cannot seem to discern a difference-?

She seemed to think one-way it might involve "x" nerve; and the other way, it would indicate "y" nerve. (Perhaps these are cervical; I do not know.)

At any rate, I see her again later next week, and must remember to tell her of this return of the hand/forearm numbness.

I do know that I was moving/carrying too much of weighty items this week, my own likely contributor.

Hope that you may get some speedy relief soon.

Keep warm, Luv!

50s Babyboomer; 2008 high-impact rear-ended/totalled-MVC, closed-head injury->pcs ... "Still dealing with it."
1993, Fell on black ice; first closed-head injury; life-altering. // 2014 Now dealing with Peripheral Neuropathy, tremors, shakiness, vestibular disorder, akithesia, anhedonia, yada yada, likely thanks to rx meds // 2014: uprooted to the cold wet gray NW coast, trying to find a way back home ... where it's blue sky and warm!

__________________________________________________ _________
Each and every day I am better and better. I affirm and give thanks that it is so. // 2014-This was still true for me last year, I truly felt this a year ago. Unfortunately it holds no meaning for me now. Odd, it was the Theta mantra for years. Change change change.
Theta Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote