View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 06:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne C. View Post
I have to take pain medication in order to get over the worst of it and get moving, but once I do I can honestly say the most pain-free part of every day is the hour or so I spend walking in the woods. I feel like I coud stay out there all day some days, and even on days where lifting my feet is tiring it is still the best part of the day.

When the pain is particularly bad, I pace up and down, around the house. I think there is something about weight bearing that quiets the nerve pain.
I walk as often as possible. In the morning, when my feet and legs are painful, I really muster my strength to walk, strangely (but thankfully) in my condition, when I start walking I could not feel the pain until after several minutes, and once I am finished and just standing that is when the pain comes back. I dread the thought of standing. I wonder if anybody has the same experience as mine - walking makes me pain-free but standing makes the pain worst. I really love walking but my breathing and pain after several minutes make me stop.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Susanne C. (12-16-2012)