Thread: what can I do?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 06:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Glad to hear I'm not the only one...

Hi! I have had severe pain and numbness in my left hip area for about three years now. The pain seems to be directly related to times when I am lying down and turning from my back to my left side (almost as if the muscle that is supporting my weight is ripped). If I am lying on my back all night, the pain, which goes from electric shock to burning, is unbearable and will only go away if I get up and begin my day. When the pain occurs, I don't even have to be moving or anything, it is just there. The numbness has expanded from a small spot on my hip bone to a 6-8 inch area from my hip bone to my upper thigh to my left groin. I've read about Meralgia Paraesthetica and it sounds like I have that. I am currently obese but have been on Weight Watchers for a month and am losing weight at a steady pace. The reason I'm a little concerned is that the pain, which usually only happens while I'm sleeping, has been ongoing today throughout the day. ANY time I flex my body in a direction that causes my left hip to support my weight the electric shock pain occurs. Does this sound like anything ANYONE else has experienced? I have an MD appt., but, I'm just curious.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!
Bellecorde is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote