View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 10:38 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Hey Jose,

Frightening story...the woman who rear-ended us was putting on eye stuff af 47mps. We know about he eye stuff because of the funny wound just above her eye, and the speedo froze at the moment of impact...back in '71, before electronics.

We were in a 1960 Buick Electra 225 convertable (about the weight of two mating elephants). The Dodge Dart hit so hard it drove us into the Vdub stopped in front of us. Both of those cars were totalled. Ours had a 2 inch dent in the trunk. That's it!!! One dent. Not a mark on the front, which killed the Vdub.

Kids were in the back seat; no seat belts. I mean the car didn't come with seat belts in the back. They bounced around a little, but were all ok. The top was down, which could have been a disaster. God watched over me even while I was saying He didn't exist.

Your pic: I haven't tried to offer mental images; guess I don't really think about appearance, just the spirit in the person...but I did spend a moment thinking of my image of you, and I was right on!

That little-bitty pic you sent looks just like the PR redneck I imagined...you are lovely...Vic

The great end of life is not knowldege but action. T. H. Huxley

When in doubt, ask: What would Jimmy Buffett do?

email: :

Last edited by Vicc; 05-02-2007 at 10:40 AM. Reason: some people look at text and ask why...I look at it and ask why not?
Vicc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote