Old 12-17-2012, 01:08 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Yay Yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow View Post
Hi, good luck to you as your date approaches! I think in the beginning it is a good idea to stay with someone or have someone stay with you, maybe at least for a week? I have had 2 SCS implants and a revision and every time for the first couple days I have had trouble even getting up off of the couch on my own and needed someone to help pull me up. There will be a lot of pain in the beginning, so take your pain meds and rest a lot. Are you staying overnight in the hospital or doing the surgery outpatient? My cervical implant recovery was much harder than my thoracic one. With the stim for my legs, I was back to college classes after a week, still in a good deal of pain but at least able to sit through classes, but after the stim for my wrist there was no way I could have been back after just a week (thankfully I had that one done in the summer). Remember to BLAST, of course. Like I said, there definitely will be quite a lot of pain initially since they are putting objects inside your body, but it will subside and you'll be feeling so much great relief from the stim that it'll all be ok
Right on Yellow!! AND, glad to see you are on the keyboard!

Good one indeed!
HUgZ
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (12-17-2012), eva5667faliure (12-18-2012), Rrae (12-19-2012)