View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 01:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, let me see if I can help a little.

C2-3 You have drying out of the disc (desiccation)

C3-4 You have drying out of the disc, and also a herniation which is wide at the bottom, and results in minimal central canal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal) and minimal right neural foraminal stenosis (the foramen is the hole that the nerves pass thru to get to the spinal cord) - it's getting narrow on the right.

C4-5 You have drying out of the disc

C5-6 A disc spacer is seen and in place. A broad based disc herniation results in minimal to mild central canal stenosis (see above) and mild bilateral foraminal stenosis (see above) effacement of the anterior thecal sac--- the thecal sac is the membrane of dura matter that surrounds the spinal cord & cauda equina. It's filled with cerebral spinal fluid.

I'M NO DOCTOR. But this is a pretty good MRI. From what I see, I don't see any reason for surgery at this time. He may (or may not) want to send you to physical therapy. That might help you with the tingling & shocks that you're getting, plus the numbness. Ask him about therapy!!!

Does he have you on any medication for the numbness & shocks? There IS medication for this kind of thing. Talk to him both about the therapy and the medication, ok?

I wish you the very best. God bless and please take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mg neck prob (12-18-2012)