Old 12-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Perfectamundo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiey View Post
I was in hospital for 3 days when I had my SCS implanted I have the leads.

I too had spinal fusions and BOY did they hurt I was in AGONY!!!! that was the worst pain of my life.....

So you can imagine when I was having the SCS I was so nervous that it was going to be the same pain and agony of the fusions.....BUT!!! NOPE!!! IT WASNT!!!!!

I was expecting the worst I reallly was, and had myself all prepared for the agony of not being able to MOVE in the bed.

Now dont get me wrong, yes it did hurt, (as Mark mentions) it wasnt a walk in the park, but it was NOTHING like the pain I had from spine surgery!!!

It was stiff and it was sore....I was given painkillers and antibiotics also to ward off infection from a 'foreign' body in my body.

I remembered how to log roll from my days of surgery on my back so I made sure I followed all that I was told. Not to bend, lift, raise arms over my head etc....... and generally took it easy. I was told not to do anything for 6 weeks...I had to go in twice weekly for my wounds to be checked out and also to have my stitches removed. Dr kept a close eye on me for fear of infection which thankfullly I didnt have any issues with

Dont be too afraid of what the pain is like after its done.......you will be fine and you will be SO happy with the final results.....

The very best of luck to you Colleen

Jackie
Jackie takes top honors!!
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (12-18-2012), eva5667faliure (12-18-2012), SnowWhyte (12-19-2012)