Thread: Post Concussion
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 03:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default More information about the situation

Thank you for your advise. I will look at the sources you indicate. Regarding her C-1 & C-2, I know that they were injured in the fall. Immediately after the fall, she had two CAT scans which showed that she had 3 bulging discs in her neck, including c-1, c-2 and c-3. The severe pain from these has mostly resolved through PT and accupunture. However, she is taking Hydrocodone and acetaminophen tabs 3x to 4x per day, so "minor" pain is masked by severe back pain and meds. She was also taking muscle relaxants but had reactions to several different ones and finally now is refusing to take them.

My wife is trying to work (she works part-time at Walt Disney World in merchandising) and standing and walking on concrete and blacktop all day has been a struggle. She was released to go back to work after the SI fusion surgery in September and being on her feet made the back injury more pronounced. She was completely off work from Nov. 2011 until Sept. 2012. The stress from the back pain and trying to keep working, and the financial burden from being injured has led to more pronounced neuro issues. Seems like we are on a downward spiral. Disney will not allow her any additional time off until March 2013 - so she has had to postpone the additional surgery on her back until then - if she wants a job to come back to. If she takes leave before March - she will be fired.

I too am getting very depressed and not coping well. We have not slept in the same bed - or anything else - for most of the last year. (me moving in the bed causes her pain). So life is so different. The loss of her income has left us behind in everything... but I make just enough for us not to qualify for any help from anywhere. Neither of us know where to turn.
bigjimc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (12-17-2012)