View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 04:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question 15 months Post Injury

Hi guys,

I hope that you can give me the benefit of your experience!

I have PCS as the result of a bike vs car accident over 15 months ago, the impact was directly to the front of my forehead - my helmet was totally ruined but this was my only injury. the first few months after the accident i was quite fatigued, confused, unable to think logically, i had trouble following conversations and with light and noise, i was often spatially confused and suffered a lot of headaches but over tiem I felt that i was getting better.

About 4 months after the accident my partner and I took over the management of a medium sized hotel. I thought that I was coping fine but as the stress increases and people want more from me I find i am getting much much worse, I am often tired and confused, i can't focus on tasks, I struggle with simple things that i do everyday (eg feed the wrong food to the wrong animals), my sleep patterns are disturbed, my thoughts are scattered and i have awful headaches and creeping sensations over my head. I am also gettign quite depressed as I am unable to particiapte in life and even just talking to people gets me tired.

I would like to just "drop out" for a while and focus on getting really better but this isn't practical, but now I am wondering if I am doing myself additional harm by pushing myself? CT scans and hormane balances are normal.

I find that small amounts of alcohol help me - it seems to untwist my brain and let me relax. Is this common?

does anyone have any experience/success with natural therapies (eg movement therapy, chiropractors etc)? i have heard that they can help re-orientate the brain.

thanks
Poppy's Mum
Poppy's mum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote