View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 10:34 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi appusheth,

Thanks for posting the xrays.

As suspected, both of these teeth look to have radiographic pathology indicating infection. If this is your lower right side, assuming the wisdom tooth has already been removed, these two teeth are #30 and 31.

The last tooth #31 looks to have a cyst extending out of the distal (back) root. The periodontal ligament surrounding this tooth appears to be widened which would also indicate that bacteria has traveled beyond the tooth.

The first molar #30 also has a cyst (shows here as a black circle) extending out of the distal (back) root.

Your replacement options are limited if both teeth are removed. A Nesbit appliance as described by ginnie would not work here because you would need to have an anchor tooth on each side of the appliance to hold it in place. You may be a candidate for a unilateral partial denture or a full partial denture if you have teeth missing (and not yet replaced) on the other side of the lower jaw.

Not everyone is a candidate for partial dentures, it depends on the individual anatomy. I suggest that you speak to your dentist about these replacement options. He may suggest dental implants which could be a viable option but you need to keep in mind that implants are a bit risky when they are replacing root canaled teeth due to the bacteria in the jawbone.

Let us know what the dentist says...
Bryanna

Thanks Bryanna for responding.

After my post I was taking Augmentin Tab, Moxigil 400 and Arflur 3D (Indian origin medicines) and right now I dont feel any issues with that tooth. That said, I know it was an infection and I cannot let it sit like this.

I have to take care of this ASAP.

I have attached the images of the x rays to this post and would appreciate you quick response.

Thanks again! I really appreciate what you are doing.[/QUOTE]
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote