View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 01:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Were you able to talk to the doctor or one of the nurses ?

Even if they couldn't fit you in, they should be the ones advising you on what they think is the best course of action for you......for example, going to the ER, upping the doses or frequency of the meds you have available in the house.

Was it the Oxycodone that you were instructed only to use every 12 hours ? That doesn't sound like a realistic pain plan for someone in constant pain.....the med only lasts 4 to 6 hours.

I hope that they are able to come up with something to help you maintain your pain at a level that you can live with. I hope they can do that QUICKLY for you. It's so difficult to find doctors who are knowledgable about working with RSD patients. I know I spent years in bed or my chair with an ice pack on continuously trying to numb the severe pain just a bit. Of course, I understand now that that probably made what was originally "just" TOS develop into RSD......I was just trying to not go insane from the pain.

I hope that you are okay.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
katmae (12-18-2012), Mark56 (01-21-2013), NerPain4 (01-13-2013)