View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 06:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Considering taking Vitmain B1 supplement

Does anyone know if "Benfotiamine B1 thiamine" as a supplement is positive for neuropathy? More specifically for Cipro-induced neuropathy?

More so is there any "bad" reactions to Benfotiamine B1 thiamine?

I thought I would take this specifically because I heard it helps diffuse such things as toxins and alcohol. Sometimes I drink about 4 Miller light beers on one day of the weekend (or every other weekend) and that would be just 4 beers over 4 to 5 hours. I was never a big drinker). I know drinking any alcohol is bad, but so far this has had no effect on my condition and actually seems to relieve my stress some.

I am in a nasty flare-up again (5 days into it -after a 22-day-in-a-row stretch of feeling Almost Normal) and am wondering if adding Thiamine B1 would help, even if I'm already taking 500 mcg of B12?

My last flare-up came in mid November of this year and lasted for 7 days in a row, that too being after feeling quite well, but similarly when the weather was damp, cold, and rainy. (Don't know if weather has any affect on PN though - could be just my mind.)

- About these issues - does anybody have any advice for me? I would greatly appreciate it.
Jesse M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (02-27-2013)