View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 09:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lal209 View Post
Hey, I feel your pain and frustration -- one of my surgeries was almost delayed two days before the scheduled date because of an insurance glitch and I was at wits end since I'd already made all the arrangements and was mentally there. Fortunately it was worked out an proceded as scheduled. I don't know if this will help at all, but my neurosurgeon required a new MRI before he scheduled my thoracic surgery because the previous MRI was 7 mos old (and he was the one that ordered the first one). When I asked him why it was needed, he said that they require them to be less than 6 mos for insurance purposes and also to be somewhat sure that changes haven't occurred that would affect what procedures they do where. Based on my new MRI, he did alter his approach slightly and because of that the insurance pre-approval had to be modified. I know that doesn't help you deal with the on-going pain, but maybe it'll help a little with the frustration. You wouldn't want them to find out after the surgery that you actually needed work at the L3-S1 levels instead of the L4-S1. It's too bad though that he wouldn't go ahead and see you and set a tentative date so you have something to work with. I hope you get this worked out fast and the pain gets better! Take care!
Thanks for your prospective on this. Now that Ive taken the time to let it all settle, Im okay with having this new MRI done. Im thinking that it only makes sense to have the most current images. It very easily could have gotten worse at the L3/L4 level by now and may require help also. Im having numbness in my right thigh. Not sure how but its numb on the top part of the muscle. I can feel it deep by the bone but not close to the skin. Also it isnt taking nearly as long to get this new MRI as it did to get the last one scheduled. My consult with the new Neurosurgeon is only 6 days after my original date for my operation. Hoping it will only be a couple weeks after that. Keeping my fingers crossed.
bmatz25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote