Thread: End of the road
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 09:35 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Wild_Cat, First, I am so sorry that your symptoms are being chalked up to a psychiatric disorder. Do you honestly believe that is the case?

I have no idea where you live but it sounds like it's hard to get to a doctor. People often have to travel to places like the Cleveland Clinic or Johns Hopkins to get more specialized diagnosing. Whatever you do, don't tell your docs you think you know what's wrong! They hate that.

There are so many different kind of diseases that could cause your symptoms. For a doctor to "give up" says more about the doctor than you or what's going on.

I have no idea what is causing your muscles to jerk. You would think the pressure on the nerves/muscles/circulation after the BP cuff would give the docs a clue!

There are channelopathies that can cause a variety of problems. There's neuromyotonia. LOTS of other diseases.

http://www.neurologyindia.com/articl...ast=Panagariya

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/i...s_syndrome.htm

You said that you had diarrhea. How long has this gone on? Is it after eating? What if you have celiac disease? Can your primary doctor test for that?

Did you get a copy of your breathing tests? If not, GET A COPY!!! If you had such a hard time with them, how can they be normal? Did they even think to do an arterial blood gas? Check your oxygen saturation?!

Do you have a good primary doctor? I think it's time for a heart to heart with some doctor. Tell them that you don't know what is going on but you don't think it's psychological. Ask them to help you!

Please do not give up. You deserve to know what is going on with your health. It makes me very sad that no one is willing to go the extra mile these days to figure things out.

I'm so very sorry you are going through all of this. Angry too. Simply because they haven't found something yet doesn't mean there isn't anything to find. Hang in there!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
wild_cat (12-19-2012)