View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 10:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I wish you lots of luck!!

I also have Thoracic outlete syndrome. I was told that i have the neurogenic type. I was injured on the job in 1996 and wasnt diagnosed until I did so much research on the internet and finally found a doctor who agreed with my own diagnoses. First the situation was that I had bilateral carpel tunnel and my right hand had surgery right away from all the jolt sensations I had whenever I extended my right forearm.

I was still having upper extremity weakness in both arms along with pain, feeling of swellingness in both of my underarm areas, tightness like a band or a blood pressure cuff whenever i would use my arms, what feels like a tingeling sensation in my left scapula blade area and pain between both shoulder blades and many muscle spasms over the years.

I am still scared and unsure if anything can be done for my situation because my doctor says that my type of thoracic outlet is a true neurogenic one and there is no cure only weight loss and strengthening of the muscles.
The symptoms that I experience on a daily basis scare me because I dont know if there is any new pain is it all related to the thoracic or could it be something else. Sometimes I hate talking to my doctor because I am always asking him to see if any new tests have come out to better understand my situation.

You mentioned a doppler test and I was wondering what that is exactly, I might have had one but i'm not sure. I have gone for emg testing and nerve conduction vilocity testing over the years but that doesnt show anything. Now I am starting to wonder if I could have one of the other types of thoracic outlete syndromes. But anyway, I hope your surgery goes well and I hope to find an end to my own nightmare soon!!
rebelette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote