View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 11:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Just chiming in really quickly here because I noticed that you play hockey. I was injured in a somewhat similar fashion. Despite playing in a no checking league, I was hit hard and high during a game and my head went flying into the glass. I don't believe I lost consciousness, but I really banged my head on the glass and ice.

I rode the pcs rollercoaster for many months, probably close to 11. Things finally started to level out after that and I am feeling much better now. Not perfect, but so much better than the sick mess I was for so long! I can tolerate noise, crowds, stores, even the bright lights of a rink now. I couldn't for many, many months. So hang in there and try to take it easy if you can. I think the rest really does help.

Also, 1 year after my injury I was diagnosed with a pretty bad neck injury. I new my neck was injured from the hit, but doctors didn't feel like giving me a cervical mri until 12 months after the damage was done. Not sure if you've had a neck workup yet, but it might be something to consider. Neck injuries can contribute to pcs like symptoms. Good luck in your recovery!
43 yr young female, suffered a mTBI with PCS August 2011 while playing ice hockey. Symptoms included dizziness, nausea, exertion headaches, trouble sleeping, fasciculations, sensitivity to light and noise, occasional numbness to extremities.
Lagr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote