View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 06:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenderfoot View Post
Thanks for your replies peeps.
ACDF was speculated at my last appointment in August, complete with fusion I'll find out more on Friday about their plans re my surgery.

Meanwhile my DH & me are considering hiring a recliner chair for when I come home. I've read it's a comfier place to sleep immediately post-op. Also looking at button fronted tops, which I could wear unbuttoned back -to-front if need be, rather than T-shirt / jumper types.

He's also thinking of taking my 1st week home off to look after me. Basically we're getting things in shape - food to eat etc.

Please keep your thoughts, suggestions & ideas coming, you don't know how much they are appreciated, thankyou!

Tender x
I found the king sized recliners most helpful. I say king sized so you can stuff all the pillows you need, where ever they are needed. If on your side you will need at least one large one between the legs to keep the spinal alignment correct and the knees more comfortable. A body pillow behind you when on your side gives good support and just feels good. U will feel better with a U shaped neck pillow. Come to think of it, I slept in a recliner for a year post op last time and used a body pillow front and back. I ended up buying the darn thing. I never know where I will sleep these days. Front button or zip clothing is easiest to deal with. Heap the praise and thanks on your dear husband. Not all mates are that co-operative and this won't be exactly a vacation for him either.

Last edited by Spiney95; 12-19-2012 at 06:55 AM. Reason: added thoughts.
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (12-20-2012), Holles (12-20-2012)