View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 01:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am sorry to hear what your going through and hope you can find a doctor that can help long term.

I have full body and internal RSD from foot surgery. I have had gabapentin before but I didnt have a reaction like that it just didnt help me. But when I was given fentanyle that caused rashes in different places that burned. But you never now it could be the rsd affecting other areas we are different. Wish I could help more.
I have had rsd since I was 16 but the doctor didnt catch it even with the color changes, swelling, and pain and did 2 more surgeries which after the 3rd it got infected cause it wouldnt heal and the RSD spread full body within 3 months. I really know how you feel about being called crazy it took 56 doctors to be diagnosed in 4 states and half said I was nuts or that my mom was doing muchousin byproxy(not sure on the spelling) to the point they removed her from me for 3 weeks. I was in Alaska at the time and got so bad I needed to be airvaced to cleveland clinic, where they at least got me on crutches, and off feeding tubes. Its now been 7 years and have seen 197 doctors in 7 states.

Where are you located? I hope you can get some good help and get pain relief especialy with the holiday season here. Thats what I told my mom I wish for is that all with RSD to be given a very merry christmas with very little if any pain days as everyone deserves that christams gift!

Merry Christmas

Samantha
alaska49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote