Thread: thymectomy...
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 05:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Bell View Post
I also want to welcome you to this group. I've found it to be very informative and supportive.

I had a thymectomy in 2009. Had no choice because the thymus turmor was so large that it was attached to lung sack and heart sack. Usually when a turmor is that large it is malignant. Luckily mine was not although they wanted to start giving me radiation treatment right after surgery. Another story.

I saw no improvement from the surgery maybe because I have been diagnosed with both MG and Stiff Person Symptom. In fact my symptoms became worse. But it was worth getting the turmor out of my body before it caused more serious problems - like cancer.

Good luck on your decision. Sounds like you are doing a lot of research which is good. I had no idea what my problems was because I was in the ER 12 days after my symptoms started. My internest thought I had the symptoms of MS.

Please keep us updated.

Southern Bell

i don't have a tumor thankfully, i'm going to go for it. right now its hitting a year so what do have to lose (besides a thymus)
thank you~erica
erkaderka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote