Old 12-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Hi Dave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze77! View Post
I have an SCS for Chronic Back Pain. I also have nerve damage in both legs as a result of bulging discs. I had a rhizomoty and my NS wants me to get more of these to try and get rid of some of the pain. I recall that it is painful, so I really don't want to go through any more of these. She wants to do fusion surgery after the rhizotomies. I am so unwilling to go through all of that. I will do my best to deal with the chronic back pain. I also have CRPS in my right shoulder as a result of two failed shoulder arthroscopies, one in which they cut out the A/C joint (resection). A rep from Boston Scientific told me at my last re-program of my SCS, that they could attach electrodes externally for my shoulder problem. Only problem is that is a W/C case unlike my back problem, and they don't even want to pay for medications or trigger point injections. Is anyone aware of the external SCS applications? Thanks for any info.

Best Regards,
Dave
Welcome!

I'm sorry you've had to go thru all of this, and the CRPS TOO! That is quite a heavy dose of pain you've been dealt.
How is your SCS treating you?
That's an interesting question regarding the external electrodes. Would this be sorta like a TENS unit that you wear off and on? Work Comp can surely put a wrench in things - like you said, they won't even cover your meds.

Well, I'll refer your inquiry to the wonderful group of SCSers. The active posting is down below. Lots of great support! Hopefully you'll get some good input.

It's great to have you with us. Feel free to stick around and let us know how things go for you.

Caring,
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (12-19-2012)