View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 11:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hashimotos Encephalopathy

Hello,
Saw your post (forwarded below) offering to provide he name of the doctor treating your HE. My mother has elevated anti tpo antibodies and neuro-cognitive symptoms consistent with HE. Doctor is attempting to treat it, but would like to consult with another doctor who is more experienced with HE. Would you provide me the name and contact info for your doctor so we may see if he is willing to consult via phone or email with our doctor to answer a few questions? Would be deeply appreciated.

Also, when you say you tried oral corticosteroids without success, which one were you on specifically? What dosage and for how long. Did you have *any* response at all to the oral, or none at all? Asking because my mom initially appeared to improve in the first week on 80 mg oral prednisone, then she backtracked to where she was before even though dosage was not lowered and we've had not further improvement (its now the 3rd week). Did you experience something like that, or just no sign of improvement at all on the oral steroids?

Thanks so much for reading this and hoping for your reply. Can email me privately **

Thanks,

Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettwalker View Post
Diagnosed Aug 2010. Receiving treatment at Houston Medical Center.
8-9 years of sluething to determine. Receiving corticosteroid infusion treatment once a month. It has been very effective for me. Tried oral corticosteroids, without success. Can discuss physician via private email.
superwed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote