View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 05:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for the reply, and for sharing your story with me -- what you said was very helpful! I'm so sorry you've had to endure so much. I can't imagine how devastating it was to be taken from your mom.

Since going off the gabapentin, my hand is still red but the area does not burn as much. You're so right about not knowing if it can be the rsd or something else. My counselor has three other clients with rsd (I was already seeing her for an other issue). She said that the rsd seems to affect each of us differently.

I am in Colorado Springs. I found a Rocky Mountain RSD website that has some useful information. I wrote them yesterday to see if they happen to have a list of medical professionals in the area who might be familiar with treating rsd.

Merry Christmas to you...and I will join you in wishing pain free days for those who are suffering!!

-sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaska49 View Post
I am sorry to hear what your going through and hope you can find a doctor that can help long term.

But when I was given fentanyle that caused rashes in different places that burned. But you never now it could be the rsd affecting other areas we are different. Wish I could help more.

... I really know how you feel about being called crazy it took 56 doctors to be diagnosed in 4 states and half said I was nuts or that my mom was doing muchousin byproxy(not sure on the spelling) to the point they removed her from me for 3 weeks. I was in Alaska at the time and got so bad I needed to be airvaced to cleveland clinic, where they at least got me on crutches, and off feeding tubes. Its now been 7 years and have seen 197 doctors in 7 states.

Where are you located? I hope you can get some good help and get pain relief especialy with the holiday season here. Thats what I told my mom I wish for is that all with RSD to be given a very merry christmas with very little if any pain days as everyone deserves that christams gift!

Merry Christmas

Samantha
sam71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote