View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 09:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quandry View Post
I tend to push myself too far and I don't really know my limitations. It seems that I don't know when to stop...
I remember once being determined to stand in a queue for an irresistable half price bargain at a clothes store.
There were only about 8 total in the line.
But by the time there were only two left in front of me I had already left it too late and knew it.
The trunk muscles were about to reach their myasthenic dissolving point in just a few seconds
It was either immediately laying down on the shop floor in front of all the customers, or sprawling myself stomach first over the nearest table of new arrivals and hope that no one in that store that saw me in such a ridiculous position actually knew who I was or would ever see me again.

Then I knew I was pushing my luck.

There have been times when I didn´t know like 3 years ago starting up gentle breast stroke swimming when I thought my M.E was better (max 1 length and max once a week) and the effects of that was a whole month of payback time very specifically in all the muscles that had been used for swimming (so, a lot of muscles and a lot of payback time!)

Since then I practiced and practiced knowing when to stop and ended up feeling like I went through quite a long period where´stopping/slowing down´went into automatic mode and I was doing so well that I didn´t have to think about it any more. But then when symptoms start spreading, change in intensity, or payback time becomes unpredictable it´s not that easy is it?! When you think what you´re up against you probably are doing a good job more often than you are doing a bad one.....

Good luck with doing even less even during times you can do more

I wonder if there is anyone who isn´t guilty of not knowing when to stop sometimes

Anacrusis

Last edited by Anacrusis; 12-20-2012 at 11:28 AM. Reason: the usual - clarifying what I mean....
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dewcole (12-23-2012), Quandry (12-20-2012), StephC (12-20-2012)