View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 11:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
Did he do it while you were awake using the fluoroscopy to pinpoint the area that gave you the best relief? It takes longer during the procedure, isn't fun, but in my experience gives much longer lasting results.

The meds also make a big difference--I don't remember what the options were when I last had one, but there are probably new options anyway, so you might want to research this. Some docs really only do these for diagnostic purposes--and yes, you just further confirmation it is RSD/CRPS. Did he give you an idea of best case scenario, how long you'd get relief? If he wants to do more?

Is he willing to give you a Ketamine infusion? It's a simple procedure.
I Have an appt set for sometime after Christmas, I have to look at the card to see when I don't remember much right after the appointment right now...lol
The Dr. wants to try it 1 more time before moving to something else.He also said whether it works or not I do have CRPS this just shows if it is Sympathetically maintained pain SMP or Sympathetic independent pain SIP. Means which group of nerves are going haywire, he said only a very small portion of RSD patients have SMP. SO my reaction and this wearing off if pretty normal...boo. Although it's probably about 40-50% better than it was and I can live with that if it last a few days!! LOL We haven;t talked about Ketamine or anything else yet but I'm sure we'll talk about other options when we get there

I have another physical therapy session on Friday And as I said before I really like him.I hoping between all these doctors we can beat the RSD monster down. Good luck to everyone else as well!
CRPSsongbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mg neck prob (12-20-2012)