Thread: ringing in ears
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 03:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi Mark

If you try the stinging nettle tea. Don't drink it too hot. Also don't pure boiling water directly onto the tea. Let it cool a little.

I have post concussion syndrome, that's why my ears are ringing. I am still somewhat sensitive to light and sounds as well. So I am squinting as I write.

I am also going for a neck MRI today. I already had a head one that was negative.

I do exercise therapy. I started walking 10 min a day and increase it with two minutes every other day if I don't feel sick from it.( I am up to 16 min now)

My ear ringing is definitely worse at night. Tv doesn't help. Since I am drinking tea, I wake up with minimal ear ringing now and it gets worse as time goes by.

I do take fish oil, sometimes magnesium and I started to eat eggs every day. I read that our brain needs amino acids and I found that an egg has all the amino acids that a human needs. I am debating taking b-50 , I bought it , but I had palpitations last week , they put me on a holter monitor for 2 days, so I was afraid to start b-50 since it can give you palpitation as a side effect.

I am sorry if I am not too coherent... I can't focus well just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
lexi,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. I have not heard of the nettle tea remedy. There has been serious research to find remedies for tinnitus. None have been found to be reliable. Your tinnitus may be related to blood pressure but many of us have suffered tinnitus for years with no relation to blood pressure. My BP ranges from 104/68 to 118/78 which are all good BP's. My tinnitus gets louder and quieter but never goes away.

The reliable way to tolerate tinnitus is to learn to ignore it. Sometimes, other sounds can help create a different audio focus. The concussed brain struggles to ignore sensory stimuli. Getting stuck hearing tinnitus leads to anxiety which makes the tinnitus appear even louder.

Please feel free to tell us more about yourself and your concussion symptoms. There are plenty of great people here who can support you and suggest ways to reduce or work with your symptoms.

My best to you.
lexi2000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote