View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 09:25 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quandry, When weakness comes on that strongly, you're in trouble. Like Celeste said, it's time to lie down and stop moving. No talking either.

You need to call your neuro and say what happened. They might want to see you!

If it were me and I had that kind of sudden weakness, it would've been a 911 call. I'm not even exaggerating! With MG, you don't know how quickly or how badly it will get. And, not to scare you, but many "1st year MGers" go into a crisis because they either push too far, don't have enough medications or don't understand that this disease can knock you on your derriere!

Do you have a cell phone for your trip? Is someone going with you? Really, a trip after such extreme weakness is so not a good idea. I hope you'll be okay. Make sure you make your family aware of how badly you're doing, ok? Call your neuro before you go.

Alice, I think I'm in Phase X: Nope, not going to do that because I avoid hospitals like the plague.

Steph, Sometimes you only get to that point after you've had an MG crisis. It's so damn scary that there is NO WAY you'd ever want to relive it.

Anacrusis, Just don't kid yourself into thinking MG has some kind of predictable algorithm. It still surprises me.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Marin826 (12-26-2012), pingpongman (12-20-2012), Quandry (12-20-2012), StephC (12-26-2012)