Thread: Internal RSD??
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 04:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I know first hand how draining it is to have to fight the medical profession once you have a diagnosis of CRPS. It's hard going and it does feel like you have been 'dealt a bad hand' sometimes.

I appreciate from what you have said that you have lots of complications and no formal diagnosis of CRPS. It's difficult because it can be very tricky to diagnose and many of the clinical signs and symptoms are found in other conditions or as a result of other injuries or problems. It's only my personal view but I do think its risky to assume that everything going wrong with your body is a consequence of the CRPS. I tend to do the opposite and assume its nothing to do with my CRPS until I can try to have any other cause ruled out. It isn't always easy or possible but I figure that way I'm not leaving potentially serious thing un-investigated.

The hypertension you have had since you are a toddler is a well known and common cause of vascular kidney problems later on. These vascular problems are not the same as the vascular problems that can be caused by CRPS or malfunctioning of the autonomic nervous system. Hypertension (high blood pressure) is a leading cause of the vascular damage which leads to kidney disease and kidney failure. That is why this risk was identified early on in your childhood when your hypertension was identified.

Please go and get your kidney problems properly checked out. For the reasons I've mentioned it's highly unlikely that this has anything to do with CRPS and as I'm sure you will appreciate, end stage kidney failure means a person needs dialysis or transplant. I know you are tired and fed up with your treatment but you need to have this checked out.
Neurochic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (01-15-2013)