View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Ask about vitamin D? Mrs D?

Love that comment! You are soo right. When seeing my newest doc an Endocrinologist, he suggested even MORE calcium, & D. Thanks to you I was able to say "Calc. Citrate rather than Carbonate....and also Magnesium?" Thanks to you, I think I got an actual look of respect from him.

Melody, I meant no disrespect to either you or Dr Fred. You are very lucky to have him. It's just that docs couldn't possibly keep up to date on everything and still practice....it's impossible! It's just that all my docs have some foibles, and one is the vitamin/supplement black hole. Depending on what's vogue in their training they have to miss other aspects or developments since that point in time. An example I've one doc who orders one particular type of blood panels that's no longer used- Soo the labs do another set of tests that have most of the things he's looking for, but not all. In the last two weeks I've had two other docs order the same tests but using the right codes....It's a good thing I've been trying to get all my bloodwork done at one place at one time and not have scars all over my arms where I have to get those IV lines in. This way too, I can be sure that all my docs are getting all my reports. I'd much rather be herding cats?

I'm very relieved that Alan's foot is healing well. A friend of mine spent 3 weeks in the hospital two months ago for infected diabetic foot issues. He was NOT a very happy camper.

So for now, !!! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote