View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 05:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Surprising how different two head injuries are

In January this year I tripped over a cable and went down with a thud. Not sure if it was just a whip lash type injury or I hit my head as well. However, it knocked me for six and ended up with a beautiful set of black eyes.

I have spent the last year dealing with the headaches, memory and balance loss etc.

Last weekend I was at the top of the stairs, I felt my balance was going so I went to sit down. Next thing, I am lying at the bottom of the stairs on my back. I got taken to hospital on a spine board and was released the next day. I have a 3 inch mark on the top of my head, one bump on the side and another at the back - multiple other "tender bits".

When I tripped in January I was barely coherent couldn't even remember where I lived. This time I was far more lucid and capable of giving a lot more information and strangely no black eyes. The top of my head feels like it is missing which is a rather odd sensation.

Other than a few retrograde streps in terms of speech, appetite and sleeping I thought I would be in a pretty poor state by now experiencing everything doubly over from the first one but it is quite different.
Theta Z (12-22-2012)