View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 07:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Both sides at once, wow.
I hope you have lots of helpers after you get back home.

Prepare a comfy place at home with a table or tray for everything you might need close at hand.
I'm sure you've seen most of the post op/recovery posts & tips.
I'm very fortunate that I have plenty of help. I'll need to do virtually nothing until I feel ready to do so. My significant other works nights and we live with my mother and stepfather who will be home in the evenings. I've got a close-knit family and a few great friends also who will be a big help when he needs a break. I work per diem, so getting time off is as easy as not taking shifts until I feel up to it and can take as few as I want when I'm ready to start up again. I'm actually really happy that he's doing both sides at once. He said that he really didn't want to wait because even though my right side is not near as symptomatic as my left, it is being restricted of just as much blood. He also saw that my left side is wasting quite badly which I didn't even notice until he took circumference measurements. I'm a little nervous about this sternum wiring thing but he does tons of these surgeries and I have a "feeling" about him that I can trust him so I'm going to go for it.
LiveLoveandTrust is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote