View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 09:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default drunken stumbling may be a bit strong...

Thanks for all your experiences!

I guess drunken stumbling might be a bit too strong... Let's see if I can describe it better... I shuffle with an awkward, very slow gait. (people used to tease me because my walk was practically a run)

When I've been walking for a few minutes or if I'm in a store (visually overwhelming) I start to weave a bit and both of my arms go out to the side to steady myself and to grab onto something (husband, shelf, display) for stability if needed.

My mother brought me one of her canes tonight to try and I didn't like it because I couldn't put my arms out and also I felt one sided with it. Maybe I just need to get used to it? I'll try it outside.

If I was going to try a 10 minute walk outside I think I would feel more balanced with two walking poles. Maybe I'll find a store that sells them and try some out.

I find I'm worse on a sidewalk then in a park or field unless the ground is totally uneven and of course I'm way worse indoors. Probably because I'm noticing that I'm weaving more then out in the open.

Thanks again for your stories!

CC
cyclecrash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote